Fast Fashion, Climate Change, and Slave Labor
have to do with your wardrobe?
Absolutely nothing when you choose personal styling with Eco-Stylist.
Our mission is to help you dress like you give a damn: the act of looking sharp without compromising your values.
Discovering your personal style and achieving next level confidence can be as easy as booking a personal styling appointment.
Why is fashion an environmental and ethics issue?
Here are some facts:
- We are buying 60% more than we were in 2000, but each garment is only being kept for half as long.
- Out of billions of clothing items that are made each year, over half of them are thrown away.
- Fast fashion has taken us from 2 fashion seasons a year to 52! With something new coming out every single day.
- The fashion industry employs millions of people but only around 2% of those people earn a living wage.
- The production of textiles has become one of the most polluting and energy-intensive industries, producing almost 1.2 billion tonnes of CO2 per year, more than the international airplane and shipping industries.
It’s not you, it’s them. But, we need to work together to build the pressure necessary for change.
Can I really have an impact?
Yes! And, if you start with us, you don’t even have to leave your bedroom.
This is how we know:
- When you order a sweater from a brand like Naadam, you know your money will be reinvested in the communities where they source their materials.
- When you choose to shop for shoes from Adelante Shoe Co., you’re helping fund a living wage for shoemakers in Guatemala that’s more than double the average local pay.
- Because you bought a pair of jeans from a responsible brand like Nudie Jeans, your jeans will never end up in a landfill because you get free jean repairs for life. Your worn Patagonia gear is also backed by a lifetime guarantee, so your clothes last longer and less waste is made.
- The money you spent on that shirt from Outerknown yanked away profits from fast fashion culprits like Zara, Express, and Shein. Instead, you supported Outerknown’s investment in the livelihoods of over 5K workers through their partnership with Fair Trade.
- Because of your (and other consumers’) actions, fast fashion brands like H&M feel the pressure and turn into ethical fashion wannabes.
- Your dollar continues to fund this sweeping movement, making meaningful changes every day.
When 25% of people shop sustainably, we go from niche to norm. And when sustainable fashion becomes the norm, fast fashion supervillains won’t be able to stop us from changing the world.
Why do I need a stylist?
Guidance from a professional stylist will:
- Help you see yourself in a new light. Let us help you make what you wear on the outside best reflect who you are on the inside.
- Boost your confidence. What we wear informs how we feel — allow yourself to take that step towards a new you.
- Help you best achieve what you’re looking for. Whether it’s a little closet boost or an entirely new fashion sense, help from a pro will get you there with less hassle.
- Teach you how to do it all yourself. Having a stylist is like having a fashion mentor — take advantage! We want to answer all your questions and provide you with the tools you need to best maintain your new closet and shop for yourself in the future.
With our clients, we focus on:
- You. We help you look good, but we don’t lose sight of who you are. No matter what you want to accomplish, what your lifestyle requires, or which section you shop in, we can shape up your closet to help make the best you shine.
- Anything you want. We focus on day-to-day style. Lifestyles vary, and so will our curations for you.
- Sustainability and ethics. We only recommend responsible, sweatshop-free brands, and focus on sustainable shopping and closet maintenance habits.
Garik styles 2 pieces 3 ways.
We’re different from other styling services because we skip the bs.
With a styling service from Eco-Stylist, you will learn which brands to shop, how to find new ways to wear the clothing you already own, and how to sustainably maintain your new wardrobe.
In short, we exist to help you make responsible choices in fashion from the moment you buy an item to the moment you (might) part with it, and to get the most use out of that item during each moment in between (or for a lifetime).
If you’re looking for a stylist to help you bring your style game to where you want it, and don’t want to fund fast fashion supervillains along the way, this is the best place to start.