Kowtow produces organic, women's renewable and biodegradable garments through a slow production chain. They design for longevity with in-house, meaning the fabrics are unique to Kowtow. If you’re looking for modern and solid pieces, Kowtow is the shop for you.
Kowtow produces organic, women’s renewable and biodegradable garments through a slow production chain. They design for longevity with in-house, meaning the fabrics are unique to Kowtow. If you’re looking for modern and solid pieces, Kowtow is the shop for you.
- Kowtow products are certified by the FLO, Fairtrade Labelling Organizations International.
- Kowtow works with two manufacturers in India.
- Kowtow can improve Transparency by publishing the wages of their makers and the conditions in which they are working.
- They can also publish information about the manufacturing facilities prior to the final stage (i.e. textile mills).
- FLO certified farmer groups receive a premium every season dedicated to community projects such as medical cost, books for children, farmers education, training and upgrades, irrigation schemes for conserving rainwater, and clothes for children.
- Kowtow visits both of their manufacturers in India twice a year.
- Kowtow factories are SA8000 certified guaranteeing makers a minimum wage, social security fund, pension fund, paid holiday leave, sick pay, medical insurance, subsidized lunches, overtime pay and workplace unions.
- Kowtow uses organic, renewable, and biodegradable fabrics.
- Kowtow uses GOTS approved inks, dyes, and washes, free from harmful chemicals and toxic metals.
- Kowtow swimwear is made from ECONYL® regenerated nylon (yarn made from pre and post consumer nylon waste) made to last forever.
- Kowtow source their Mohair, Alpaca, and wool from local New Zealand farmers.
- Kowtow’s entire packaging is recyclable, printed with soy-based and petroleum-free inks.
- The paper used in their packaging is FSC approved.
- Kowtow engages in circulatory through their garment repair and take back program, which helps reduce the amount of clothes that end up in landfills.
- Kowtow trims are tested by OEKO-TEX to ensure they are free from harmful chemicals and safe for human use.
- Kowtow’s cotton is certified organic by the National Programme for Organic Production, NPOP.